Such a friendly welcome, Reg, Indigo our poodle and I are going to love it here.
Our powered caravan site, is a little tropical oasis, the pool to our left, the dog friendly beach directly across the road and a large green oval behind us where pretty faced, wallabies are sometimes seen grazing.
Innisfail, looked like a pretty town as I drove through it, I will enjoy going there to shop and walk. It is 7 kms away from Flying Fish Point, on the “Great Green Way", an area of outstanding natural beauty spanning from Townsville to Cairns in tropical North Queensland. Innisfail Web Site.
Reg has fond memories of the Atherton Tableland and is eager to see it again and I have a good friend Gem in the mountains west of Cairns, who I am keen to visit some time while we are here. I think this will make the perfect base camp for a wonderful winter holiday plus writing and painting inspiration.
Attractions, Tours & Things To Do
- Paronella Park - multi-award winning tourist attraction
- Hinchinbrook Island Day Cruises
- Innisfail Golf Club
- Fish.o.rama - Barrumundi Farm providing fishing and accommodation
- Crystal Caves(Atherton Tablelands)
- Cardwell Air Charter
- Innisfail & District
- Cardwell & District
- Hinchinbrook Island
- Millaa Millaa - Tropical rainforest paradise
- Port Douglas Cape Tribulation
- Daintree Village Visitors Assoc.
- Destination Queensland - The Queensland Tourist & Travel Corporation
- Great Barrier Reef Visitors Bureau
- World Heritage Wet Tropics Rainforest
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
Photos below are of our powered caravan site and the oval directly behind us at Flying Fish Point Tourist Park.