This is my pantry, fridge freezer basics
- Pantry Essentials
- Anchovies *is not something I would usually buy but my trainer has asked me to stock this, so I have, while doing her program.
- Canned beans (e.g. red kidney, chickpeas, butterbeans)
- Canned tomatoes
- Canned tuna, salmon, sardines
- Chilli sauce (low sugar)
- Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Dried beans
- Dried pasta
- Fresh tomatoes
- Dried herbs (e.g. mixed herbs, paprika, dried basil, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg)
- Light soy sauce
- Low-cal hot chocolate powder (make sure there are no trans-fats)
- Low GI cereal (eg Special K) *is not something I would usually buy but my trainer has asked me to stock this, so I have, while doing her program.
- Olive oil spray
- Oyster sauce (msg free)
- Pepper grinder full of black pepper
- Rice (basmati or brown)
- Rolled oats
- Seeds (e.g. sesame, pumpkin, sunflower)
- Sesame oil
- Stock (cartons or cubes – check the sodium content)
- Tomato paste
- Tomato-based sauces (no added sugar)
- Untoasted muesli
- Vinegar for dressing (balsamic, red wine)
- Whey protein powder *is not something I would usually buy but my trainer has asked me to stock this, so I have, while doing her program.
Fruit in season.
- Freezer Essentials
- Free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- Fish fillets - not the boxed kind! (e.g. white fish, salmon)
- Lean red meat (e.g. beef fillets, kangaroo fillets, kanga bangers)
- Frozen peas
- Frozen berries
- Multigrain, rye or soy and linseed bread
- Measuring Tools
- Kitchen scales
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Fridge Essentials I look for what is good value, and quality and love a variety. I do not use a shopping list, I can put together a good healthy balance on the spot going for best things on offer. I know that saves me money and time.