My advice is that you do not need more clothing for a six months tour than you need for a two weeks tour. You are likely to wash your clothes once a week at least even when traveling, so you do not need to carry a large closet full of clothing. If you pack mix and match layered clothing in colours that co ordinate together, you will get more variety from fewer clothing.
I planned Reg’s travel wardrobe easily by purchasing the entire set, of mix and match separates from the one store at the one time, so that everything teamed up and it did not matter what slacks he wore, with what shirt or top , they all looked good together and he could not put together anything other than, a successful combination. By purchasing this way, I was also able to obtain a good discount for a bulk purchase
Basics to pack.
1. Camera, don’t leave home without it.
2. Clothes (enough for the amount of time you are going, and remember layers are practical, keep you warm)
3. Waterproof jacket or coat. Reg, our dog and I all own and wear an oilskin coat to keep out the cold winds and showers.
4. Decent shoes, Reg and I both wear professionally fitted joggers for many of our walks and the comfortable Crock sandals for around the caravan and to shower in. Lamb’s wool slippers are great in the van in the mornings, where it is cold. A pair of dressy but easy walking shoes might be a good addition if you need to look dressier.
5. Wide brimmed hat or hats, one with a chin strap.
Ask :- :Will you use it and wear it a lot?" If not, why pack it?
A smart pair of black jeans can take you from mountain climbing to the theater with a simple change of blouse and a wash in between :-).
Pack for the lifestyle you will be leading.
Pack clothes you would be comfortable wearing everyday.
Ryn Shell writes stories of crime, love and Australia.
artist and author
Formerly Kathy Shell of Buninyong Gallery.
The splendour of nature and the Australian bush captured in work of acclaimed artist Ryn (Kathy) Shell.
Website/Blogs hosting mid-month, genre-targeted, authors' newsletter and social media cross-promotions.
Modern Crime Authors
Historical Fiction & History
Clean Cozy Authors
Rural-lit & Fine Arts
eBook Covers & Promotions