Ecotherapy is not a fad, nor a new marketing approach for the psychology profession, and not just more “green exercise,” although it does include fitness and wellness practices.
I try to do my exercises as much as possible in nature, bush walking is our great love. Even when we relax at home, we love to have a window view, unbroken, looking out over nature.
The tranquility this brings us is the eco-therapy I speak of.
Some examples of recent ecotherapy research findings:
- “Equine Therapy Helps Withdrawn Vets Reconnect”
- “71% Report Depression Decrease After Green Walk”
- “Immersion in Nature Makes Us Nicer”
- “How the City Hurts Your Brain...and What You Can Do About It”
- “Connection to Nature Vital to Our Mental and Physical Health, Scientists Say”
- “Drug Addiction: Environmental Conditions Play Major Role In Effective Treatment And Preventing Relapses, Animal Study Shows”
Ryn Shell writes stories of crime, love and Australia.
artist and author
Formerly Kathy Shell of Buninyong Gallery.
The splendour of nature and the Australian bush captured in work of acclaimed artist Ryn (Kathy) Shell.
Website/Blogs hosting mid-month, genre-targeted, authors' newsletter and social media cross-promotions.
Modern Crime Authors
Historical Fiction & History
Clean Cozy Authors
Rural-lit & Fine Arts
eBook Covers & Promotions